Wednesday 6 May 2009

Progress


Back down to Bluewater a couple of times over the past few days, mainly to explain what I want doing in the wheelhouse to try and gain a few extra inches of leg room. Unfortunately the idea of being able to turn the wheelhouse dinette into a put me up bed have been knocked on th head owing to the fact that I hadn't taken into account the fact that this nice shapely hull turns in much earlier than the normal narrowboat rear. David at Bluewater is going to taper the wheelhouse to follow the gunnels and then step in for the wheelhouse upperworks. I'm sure he thinks my idea will spoil the lines of this curvy hull. On my own head be it.

Anyway time will tell on that one, back to the build at present, the work continues to move forwards and with the longer wheelhouse the engine bay is going to be huge - perhaps we should take up smuggling! Got a better look at the inside this time and you can see the fuel tanks with weed hatch in between.

The hawse hole has been added to the bow and chain locker installed. Looking from ths angle the bow looks like it was taken from something that fought in the battle of Jutland.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this blogging lark but still plenty to learn. Thanks for the tip Bill.

No comments: