Wednesday 14 May 2014

Time Just Flies

I really must get a grip of time management. As it stands the weather has been causing a few problems on the planned work front.
The original intention was to make some new driveway gates and allow the new paint on T-A to harden off before climbing all over her.
Over to Bassingfield for some timber twice because I can’t add up when I run out of fingers. Brought 45ft of T&G for the panels and then realised I needed 90ft and also needed some 6ft timbers to make clamps long enough to assemble the gates.
Well most of the parts have been made but I just need to assemble them to measure up for the diagonal braces.
The trouble being that the gates are each 5’ square and too big to assemble in the workshop.
So I have had to make do with a smaller project to make a work station for sharpening tools and the like. The guides on the Tormek system are brilliant and even allow for rotating turning gouges on the stone.
I’m quite pleased with this as it is all made from scrap and off cuts. The castors were given to me as the base of an engine delivery crate, with the only purchase being the drawer handles. I know – little things ……….
Otherwise there were a couple of afternoons over the bank holiday week-end down at Harlaxton Wharf with the Grantham Canal Society plus time spent on the usual hum drum items around the house.
Today being a decent day was down at Pillings fitting the new tabernacle and mast. It has been finished a while, just not the weather to fit it.
Poshest TV aerial in town.
So much time – so little done – must get more organised.
Keeping this diary/blog up to date more often wouldn’t hurt. J

No comments: